This vegan strawberry ice cream is delicious on its own, but we like to serve it alongside Elderflower Fritters or with Fresh Strawberries and Rosewater Syrup. The perfect summer dessert.
Strawberry, Elderflower and Coconut Ice Cream
- 400g strawberries (plus a handful extra for adding whole)
- 100ml water
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 tins of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp elderflower syrup or more to taste
- Place the 400g strawberries, sugar and water into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer gently on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Strain the strawberries in a sieve or through muslin, keeping the syrup.
- Measure out 400ml of the syrup. Blend the syrup with the coconut milk and elderflower syrup until smooth.
- Pour into an ice-cream machine along with the extra strawberries and churn until set.
Image credit: Dawn Evans, taken on our Food Photography Workshop with Rob Wicks