This absolutely delicious vegan berry cheesecake is so easy and guaranteed to delight. The secret to the sumptuous creamy filling is soaked cashews. You'll need a good blender to blitz it to silky smooth perfection, but if you don't mind a few nutty bits, any blender will do. Even people who have no issues with eating dairy LOVE this cheesecake, and they marvel when they learn what it's made out of! Use whatever berries you can get hold of - we love it foraged blackberries.
If you're interested in learning more about cooking without dairy and eggs, do take a look at our upcoming vegan classes. Not just for vegans but for anyone interested in mastering a new skill! (And enjoying cake, of course.)
Vegan Cashew and Berry Cheesecake
Serves: 8 | Vegan
- 150g vegan shortbread biscuits
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 150g cashews, soaked overnight then drained
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g mixed summer berries
- 100g sugar
- 2 tsp agar
- juice of 1 orange
- Line the bottom of a 20cm round spring-form cake tin with baking parchment or line individual rings.
- Crush the biscuits to breadcrumb consistency.
- Melt the coconut oil and mix it into the biscuits. Press the biscuits into the tin and chill for 30 minutes.
- Blend the topping ingredients together until very smooth (we use our Froothie Optimum 9200 Power Blender). Pour on top of the biscuit base and put in the freezer to set.
- To make the glaze, place the fruits into a small saucepan, add the sugar, orange juice and sprinkle the agar over the surface.
- Allow the agar to dissolve for 5 minutes, then boil for 5 minutes. Cool and spoon over the cheesecake.
We run all kinds of vegan classes throughout the year so if you're looking for more inspiration, check out our course calendar.
As always, let us know what you think in the comments or in social media! Find us on Facebook,Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
And for even more vegetarian recipe ideas and special offers on our courses, sign up for our newsletter. Thanks for reading, cooking, and sharing!