We got this recipe from a local producer in the Poggiardo market on our recent
Italian holiday. Really lovely served with good bread.
- 30 large cherry tomatoes, left whole
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 whole small red chillies
- 300ml olive oil (YES this much!)
- Gently fry the onion in the olive oil for 10 minutes until translucent, then add the garlic and chilli and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes. Cover with a lid and cook on a gentle heat for 30 minutes until he tomatoes are soft and bursting.
- Leave to sit and cool down, add salt to taste.
- Serve as an antipasti with bread, or use as a sauce for pasta.