If you can’t find tomatillos use green tomatoes or some Cape Gooseberries mixed with under-ripe tomatoes.
- 225g tomatillos, de-husked, rinsed and diced
- 225g tomatoes, diced
- 6 jalapeno chillies, deseeded and diced
- 1 small sweet white onion, diced
- handful of coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple juice concentrate
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dice the tomatillos and tomatoes and drain off the excess juice.
- Rinse the chopped onion and pat dry.
- Toss all the ingredients together in a bowl and season to taste.
- Eat at once.