Rachel's Vegan Sticky Toffee Pudding has been one of our most talked-about recipes for years. It's a truly decadent dessert and makes a marvellous Christmas pudding.
Watch this 15-second video to see how easy it is to make Vegan Sticky Toffee Pudding, then read on for the recipe!
Bite-sized video by Rob Wicks of eatpictures.com.
Vegan Sticky Toffee Pudding
The quantities for the toffee sauce are large, but that’s the best part of a sticky toffee pudding!
Dietary: Vegan | Serves: 6
- 250ml soya milk
- 100ml water
- 200g dates
- 1 level teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 115g vegan margarine
- 115g soft brown sugar
- 200g white self raising flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 100g golden syrup
- 200g soft brown sugar
- 150g vegan margarine
- 100ml soya cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
To make the sponge:
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C/Gas5.
- Line a 20cmx 20cm shallow cake tin with baking parchment.
- Chop the dates in half and put them in a small saucepan and cover
with the soya milk and water. Simmer until the dates are
- Take off the heat and stir in the bicarbonate of soda, which will
froth as you add it to the date mixture.
- Leave to cool.
- Beat together the margarine and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add the date mixture and stir in.
- Mix the spices into the flour.
- Sieve the flour and fold into the
Spoon the sponge mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes or until cooked. The
sponge will bounce back when pressed.
To make the sauce:
- Melt the syrup, margarine, sugar and vanilla
essence in a small saucepan.
- Simmer for 5 minutes without
- Leave to cool slightly and then stir in the soya
- Prick the pudding all over and pour half the hot toffee sauce
over the pudding.
- Serve the rest of the sauce with the pudding and, if you like, a scoop of vanilla soya ice cream.
Find us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram where we are chatting about all things foodie and, if you like this post, please share it! To keep up to date with events and goings on at the cookery school sign up for our newsletter.