We're pleased to share Helen's recipe for gluten-free soda bread, which is so lovely, soft and easy to make. It was extremely popular on our last gluten-free baking class.
Crusty Soda bread with Linseed
- 350g gluten-free self-raising flour
- 50g gram flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 60g golden linseeds, toasted for a few minutes
- 2 eggs
- 200ml yoghurt
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 150ml water
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- extra linseeds for the top
- Preheat the oven to 230C/210Fan/Gas8
- Sieve the flours and baking powder together and add in the salt and linseeds.
- Mix together the eggs, yoghurt, butter, water and vinegar.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well to form a wet and sticky dough.
- Lightly flour a baking sheet and divide into 8 equal balls, dropping each one onto the baking sheet. Dip your hands into flour then shape into rough discs. Top with extra linseeds.
- Place onto a hot baking sheet or pizza stone and bake for 15 minutes, turn over and bake for a further 10-15 minutes to colour the top.