Delicious served with barbecued vegetables, in particular aubergine.
Sharp Plum Sauce
Dietary: Vegan, Gluten Free
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 250g dark plums, pitted & roughly chopped
- 50ml rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Fry the onion slowly in the sunflower oil until soft, but not brown.
- Add the plums to the onion and then add the vinegar and just enough water to cover the plums.
- Slowly cook until the plums are soft and the sauce is thick.
- Add the sugar - the quantity depends on how ripe the plums are.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Put everything in the food processor and blend to a smooth consistency.