The salsa verde recipe makes a good amount and it keeps very well covered in the fridge. Feel free to change the herbs - wild garlic, nettle, sorrel, rocket, baby spinach, and flat leaf parsley all work beautifully.
Salsa Verde with Capers
Dietary: Vegan, Gluten free | Serves 4-6
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tbsp capers
- 25g fresh mint leaves
- 25g fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp apple juice concentrate
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- Put everything in the food processor in the above order buzzing each time before adding next ingredient.
- The mix should be a dip consistency, add more olive oil if too thick.
- Serve cold as a dip, as a salad dressing, with asparagus, mix in with pasta, enliven rice dishes or drizzle over roasted vegetables.