Cauliflower and broccoli slightly charred with a hint of ginger goes well with the sweet potato and white miso dressing.
Roasted Cauliflower, Broccoli and Sweet Potato with White Miso Dressing
Dietary: Vegan, Gluten-free | Serves 4
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes
- ½ head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into half moons
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5cm ginger root, peeled and chopped
- Rapeseed oil for roasting
- Handful of chopped parsley
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180Fan.
- Place the cauliflower, broccoli and sweet potato in a large baking tin or heatproof dish.
- Add the garlic and ginger and enough rapeseed oil to lightly coat the vegetables, rub in with your hands so that the vegetables are well coated in oil.
- Place in the oven and roast for 20-35 minutes, until the cauliflower and broccoli is beginning to caramelize and brown.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the parsley and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Taste and add salt, pepper, lemon or more herbs to taste.
- Serve with salad leaves and a white miso dressing
White Miso Dressing
White miso is made from fermented rice and soya beans is pale in colour, creamy in texture and is both sweet and salty. Use to flavor up dressings, sauces, soups and delicious in mashed potato.Ingredients
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger juice
- 1 tbsp light sesame oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- ½ tsp shoyu
- To make the ginger juice, grate a thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger with the skin on, take the ginger into the palm of your hand and squeeze the juice out.
- Whisk all the ingredients together to make a smooth dressing.
Delicious food photography by Rob Wicks of Eat Pictures.
Find us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram where we are chatting about all things foodie and, if you like this post, please share it!
To keep up to date with events and goings on at the cookery school sign up for our newsletter.