Pissaladière is a wonderful dish that originated in the south of France. The dough is a bit thicker than Italian pizza and topped with pistou, rather than tomato sauce. On our Vegan Diploma course we made it with Ruff Puff pastry, but at home make a quick vegan version using puff pastry. We added freshly made vegan cheese to the top.
- 200g puff pastry
- 1 aubergine
- 1 red pepper
- 1 courgette
- 1 medium red onion
- 4 tbsp pistou
- black olives
- salt and pepper
- olive oil for roasting
- a few basil leaves
- Heat oven to 200C/ 180CFan.
- Slice the aubergine into thin circles, brush with oil and roast or griddle until soft.
- Slice the red pepper and courgette.
- Thinly slice the red onion.
- Roll out the puff pastry to 1 cm thickness and put on a large
baking tray. Brush the base with pistou.
- Arrange the
aubergine, red pepper and
courgette and red onion over the base.
- Sprinkle over the black olives and season with salt and pepper.
in a hot oven for 20 minutes until the pastry is puffed up and
- Tear basil leaves on top to serve and add vegan soft cheese.