October marks the start of fig season, always a highlight here at Demuths as we love this fruit in both sweet and savoury dishes. This fig pudding is a classic on our Fast and Delicious courses this time of year as it is exactly that: fast and easy to make and deliciously decadent to indulge in.
Grilled Figs with Orange Blossom Yoghurt
Dietary: Vegan option, wheat free
- 6 large ripe figs
- a dusting of ground cinnamon
- 6 tsps brown sugar or honey
- a few flaked almonds
- 6 tbsps yoghurt (dairy free if vegan)
- 1 tsp orange blossom water
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- Petal the figs by cutting them in 4, half way through, and pull the skin back from the flesh very carefully so as not to break it.
- Dust with the figs cinnamon, some sugar or honey and add a few flaked almonds.Grill under a hot grill for 5 minutes.
- Mix the yoghurt with the orange blossom water and icing sugar.
- Serve the hot figs with the flavoured yoghurt.