The classic combination of peas, feta and mint is harmonious and refreshing for warmer weather. Which we hope is here to stay for awhile! We recommend serving this pate cut in slices with warm walnut bread.
If you're excited about summer feasts, do take a look at our other summer recipes and exciting summer classes.
Green Pea, Feta and Mint Pate
Dietary: Gluten Free
- 300g organic frozen peas
- 175g feta cheese
- 50g cheddar, grated
- 75g crème fraîche
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint chopped
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 2 eggs
- lots of freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven 200C/Gas6.
- Grease and line a 450g loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Cook the peas and drain, then refresh under cold water to
retain the vibrancy of their colour.
- In the food processor blend all the ingredients, except the eggs
and the black pepper.
- Check for seasoning, before mixing in the eggs. Mix in the eggs
and blend thoroughly and add black pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin.
- Cover the top with baking parchment and bake in the centre of
the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until firm.