Fresh Mango Chutney
Dietary: Vegan, Gluten Free
- 1 large firm ripe mango, peeled and cut into bite sized slithers
- 1 tbsp ghee or sunflower oil
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
4 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1 tbsp kalongi seeds
- 1 tsp tamarind pulp
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- Gently fry chilli and ginger for 30 seconds and then add cardamom, kalongi seeds and a bay leaf, fry for another 30 seconds.
- Then add the mango and tamarind and cook for a minute.
- Turn off the heat and add the lime juice.
- Leave to cool.
- Eat at room temperature with a thali.
- Keeps in the fridge for 3 days...if it lasts that long!