Ciceri e tria - Chickpeas with Tagliatelle
- 300g dried chickpeas
- water to cover
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 stick celery, quartered
- 1 carrot, halved
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- parsley stems
- chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 100g eggless tagliatelle
- 100ml olive oil for frying
- Cook the chickpeas in the water with the onion, celery, carrot, tomato, rosemary and parsley for 1-2 hours or until the chickpeas are soft.
- Remove the vegetables and rosemary from the broth.
- Fry ¼ of the pasta in the olive oil until crisp and golden, remove and drain.
- Add ¾ of the pasta to the chickpea broth and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the fried pasta, parsley, salt, pepper and an extra drizzle of olive oil.