You can use whatever fruits are in season, such as rhubarb in the spring, peaches and raspberries in the summer, or apples and pears in the autumn. Cooking apple is always a good base for the more exotic fruit that you choose. Just make up the total weight of fruit to 1 kilo.
Autumn Fruit Crumble
Serves: 4 | Dietary:Vegan
- 1 kilo ripe plums, de-stoned
- 250g blackberries
- soft light brown sugar to taste
- 125g sunflower margarine
- 150g plain flour
- 50g porridge oats
- 50g jumbo oats
- 125g soft light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C/Gas5.
- De-stone the plums and sort through the blackberries
- To make the topping, rub the margarine into the flour in a large bowl until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the oats, sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon and mix well.
- Place the plums and blackberries into an ovenproof dish. If the plums are a little tart sprinkle with some sugar. Cover with the topping and cook in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes or until the crumble is golden.