Dietary: Vegan, Gluten Free
Makes about 175ml
- 1 tsps cumin seeds
- 2 tsps coriander seeds
- 2 tbsps edible rose petals
- 6 large red chillies, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar or honey
- 75ml olive oil
- 1 tsp rose water
- A large handful of fresh coriander and mint
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Honey to sweeten if needed
- 1 tsp lemon juice if needed
- Dry roast the coriander, cumin seeds until fragrant, but make sure you don’t burn them as this will ruin the flavour. Roughly crush the seeds in a pestle and mortar or spice grinder. Grind the rose petals up.
- In a blender or pestle and mortar, puree the spices and rose petals with the chillies and garlic, add the red wine vinegar, honey and olive oil to make a smooth paste.
- Add the fresh coriander and mint, and then taste.
- If you can’t taste the rose flavour you can add the rose water.
- Add salt, pepper, lemon juice and honey to taste