Dietary: Gluten Free, Vegan
- 250g risotto rice (Arborio)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 150ml white wine
- 700ml vegetable stock
- ½ carrier bag nettle tops (approx 125g)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large heavy-bottomed saucepan, gently fry the onion the olive oil until soft.
- Add the risotto rice to the onion mixture, stir well to coat the rice grains and then add the wine and cook, stirring constantly until the wine is absorbed.
- Then start adding enough stock to cover the rice and simmer gently, stirring all the time.
- When the stock has almost all been absorbed, add more stock a little at a time, until it has all been absorbed. This takes about 15-20 minutes.
- At the last addition of stock, add nettle tops to the risotto.
- Season to taste.
- The consistency of the risotto should be creamy, not stodgy, with the grains of rice separate with a bite to them.
- Serve with lightly fried Morels and freshly ground black pepper.