This easy potato salad with dill, chives and fennel has a very classic Scandinavian flavour but is completely vegan - there are now some very good dairy-free alternatives to sour cream and creme fraiche available.
Dill and Chive Potato and Radish Salad
Dietary: Vegan, Gluten-free | Serves 4
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 500g x Jersey Royal or Charlotte potatoes, scrubbed
- 8 x radishes, sliced thinly
- 1 x banana shallot, chopped finely
- 12 x cocktail cornichons, sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp chopped bronze or regular fennel fronds
- 1 tbsp grain mustard
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 100ml dairy free creme fraiche (we used Oatly)
- Salt and pepper
- Boil the potatoes until tender which will take about 15 minutes depending on size. Set aside to cool a little.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, then stir in the potatoes whilst still slightly warm so they absorb the flavours. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped shallot, cornichons and herbs and mix well to combine.
- Stir in the radishes just before serving or the salad can turn pink if made too far ahead!
Delicious food photography by Rob Wicks of Eat Pictures.
Find us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram where we are chatting about all things foodie and, if you like this post, please share it!
To keep up to date with events and goings on at the cookery school sign up for our newsletter.