The perfect summer snack and with no waste! Don't throw away the radish or beetroot tops - they are also delicious with the Pea Pistachio Mint Dip. And the carrot tops can be made into our carrot top pesto.
We’ve griddled half the vegetables, except the celery, to give a variety of tastes and textures to the dish.
Griddled & Raw Crudités with a Pea Pistachio Mint Dip
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ small cauliflower with leaves
- 4 heirloom carrots
- 4 sticks celery
- Bunch of raddish, with leaves
- 6 stems of purple sprouting broccoli
- Cut the cauliflower into wedges keeping the leaves. Cut the carrots into halves or quarters down the length. Rub oil lightly over the cauliflower, half the carrots and half the radish. Chargrill them lightly to create some black lines, keeping their bite.
- Arrange the chargrilled vegetables with the rest of the raw vegetables on a platter. Eat with pea pistachio mint dip.
Pea Pistachio Mint Dip
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 spring onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 50g frozen peas
- 50g pistachios (soaked for 1 hour in hot water, then drained and skins rubbed off)
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- Lemon juice to taste
- Pinch of chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, add the spring onions and garlic, sauté over medium heat until soft (2 minutes), leave to cool.
- Blend the peas, pistachios avocado mint and spring onion in a blender leaving some texture.
- Season to taste with lemon, chilli powder and salt.
Delicious food photography by Rob Wicks of Eat Pictures.
Find us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram where we are chatting about all things foodie and, if you like this post, please share it!
To keep up to date with events and goings on at the cookery school sign up for our newsletter.