Despite restrictions easing on 19th July, in the interests of keeping all our students and staff safe, we have taken the decision to continue delivering our classes with the same measures in place:
Measures implemented to ensure the safety of our students and staff
- We are limiting the number of students in a class to ensure that social distancing can be maintained.
- With fewer students, we also are able to reduce the staff numbers required.
- With so few in the building we can safely manage movement throughout e.g. avoid passing on the stairs.
- At the entrance to the building there will be hand sanitiser, a reminder that face masks are to be worn and our QR code for the Track and Trace app.
- We have always emphasised the importance of good hand hygiene in the kitchen – we will be regularly hand washing. We also have gloves, face masks and hand sanitiser available.
- We will maintain good ventilation to allow air flow throughout the building.
- We will ensure continual sanitising of the surfaces, toilets, handles, doors, banisters etc. throughout the building.
- Each student will have their own workstation and cook their own food – no food will be shared with another student.
- The tutor will be able to maintain a safe distance, using our HD camera and screen to demonstrate techniques.
- For full day classes, students will eat lunch at their workstations and then food prepared in the afternoon will be taken home in containers provided. For evening and half-day classes, all food will be taken home in containers provided.
We ask that any students displaying symptoms or feeling unwell do not attend the class.
We expect all students to comply with the measures implemented.
In accordance with Government guidance, we will share details of your booking with NHS Test and Trace personnel, if asked, in the event of a fellow student testing positive for coronavirus.
In the event of a staff member falling ill, or receiving information that a recent student has tested positive, all classes will be immediately suspended. We will work with the relevant authorities to ensure everyone’s safety and ensure we can resume as soon as is safely possible. A deep clean of the entire building and testing of staff will occur before reopening.
In the event of a second lockdown or a local lockdown, those booked on affected classes will be contacted and we will find a suitable later date for you to join us.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch - firstname.lastname@example.org.