This is a lovely silky, rich chocolate mousse, a really decadent vegan dessert!
Chocolate and Coconut Mousse
Dietary: Vegan, Gluten Free
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 30mins
- Cool time: 1 hour
- Set time: 1 hour
- 100g water
- 50g caster sugar
- 75g vegan dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp vegan cocoa powder, sieved
- 3 tbsp espresso coffee
- 130g coconut cream (Blue Dragon brand, chilled for one hour)
- Put the water, sugar and dark chocolate together in a pan and heat gently until the chocolate has melted.
- Mix the cornflour and cocoa together in a little bowl with the espresso coffee to make a thin paste. Mix a spoon of the hot chocolate mix from the pan into the cornflour mixture, then add the cornflour mixture into the pan and simmer very gently, stirring continuously until it forms a thick cream.
- Sieve the whole mixture into a bowl to remove any lumps.
- Leave to cool to room temperature but not until it sets, either stir it over a bowl of iced water for a few minutes or put it in the fridge. It will take about 1 hour in the fridge.
- Whisk the chilled coconut cream until thick and doubled in volume.
- Put the cooled chocolate mixture into a mixing bowl and add ¼ of the coconut cream, whisk to loosen the mixture, and then gently whisk the rest of the coconut cream in.
- Pour into little pots and chill in the fridge for an hour until ready to serve. Can be made the night before and kept in the fridge as it will set firmer.