This half-day class will teach you a variety of vibrant salads showcasing seasonal vegetables paired with pulses, seeds and grains that are tasty, filling and colourful.
Creative, seasonal and delicious salads are full of flavour and easy to produce once you know a few secrets. With an emphasis on local ingredients which we source from our local suppliers Eades and Castle Farm, as well as wild food and produce from our own garden we will create a variety of sensational salads.
On this sensational seasonal salads class you will learn how to make 5 seasonal salads, compose a salad and create a dressing without a recipe allowing you to use what is on hand, in season. We will also make a selection of garnishes that dazzle any salad plate. These salads can be enjoyed as a side or are substantial enough to be a whole meal.
An example of the salads we will make on the day:
- Marinated French lentils, carrots and kale with salsa verde
- Celeriac and apple remoulade with poppy seeds and hazelnuts
- Sushi bowl with quick pickled vegetables
- Sesame ginger noodles with Asian slaw
- Quinoa and chickpea with seasonal pesto
- Roasted cauliflower and butterbean with za’atar and tahini
- Chipotle black bean and sweetcorn with pepitas
The course involves a mixture of demonstrations and hands-on cookery in small groups.
You will learn knife skills and techniques which will save time and improve your kitchen skills and cook a variety of delicious, quick dishes. Dishes and ingredients will vary depending on what is in season.
We will share lunch with everything we have made at the end of the workshop.
You will receive a recipe pack at the end of the day so that you can recreate the dishes at home.