Sachiko Saeki teaches our popular Sushi and Modern Japanese courses. She is a professional chef who learnt to cook in her parents sushi restaurant in Japan and has taught extensively, with students across the UK and even celebrity chef Hugh Fearnely-Whittingstall from River Cottage. She is now a Sushi chef at UMU restaurant in London.
In this Masterclass, Sachiko will teach you how to make perfect Sushi along with other modern Japanese dishes. You'll learn all about miso, soy sauce, seaweed and other Japanese ingredients. You'll also make a broad range of Japanese dishes such as:
- Rolled Sushi filled with carrot, shitake mushroom and cucumber
- Rice Ball Crackers, savoury healthy little rice crackers seasoned with wasabi, seaweed, soy and sweet chilli
- Okonomi-Yaki, a popular rice pancake filled with abura age (tofu puffs) and cabbage
- Soba Noodle Salad with purple sprouting broccoli, tofu cakes and sesame dressing
- Tsuke-Mono, a quick pickle made with seasonal vegetables
- Kin-Tsuba, a sweet potato cake coated with cinnamon glutinous rice flour
We will cook and eat throughout the day and finish with a late lunch with Japanese tea, organic wines and juices. You will take home a detailed recipe pack and a selection of Sushi.
For a sneak peak at this exciting class, check out this class recap from Sachiko's previous Japanese masterclass.