Learn how to make a selection of fermented drinks with fermentation expert Lucie Cousins on this half-day workshop.
During the workshop you will learn about the science of fermentation, and how to get started with fermenting at home, and the best equipment to use.
Fermented drinks are thought to boost the immune system and are beneficial to stomach and digestion well being.
You will learn the techniques to make fermented drinks such as:
- Kombucha - Fermented live tea drink
- Water Kefir - Fermented and refreshing effervescent drink infused with optional botanicals and fruits
- Beet Kvass - A salty and earthy eastern European fermented beetroot drink
- Tepache - Sweet, light, refreshing fermented Mexican pineapple drink
- Fermented Ginger Beer - Learn how to make a ginger 'bug' and then create a ginger beer
The day will be a mixture of demonstration and hands on practical exercises in small groups, with lots of tips, talking and tasting.
We will provide you with a light lunch and you will be given a pack of recipes and some of the live starters with all the information to start fermenting at home.