Discover how to make fermented nut cheeses. Fermenting foods is an ancient way of preserving and enriching foods and fermented foods. You will learn how to get started with making fermented nut cheeses at home, and the best equipment to use.
During the class, we will delve into the world of fermentation.
You will learn the techniques to make cheeses and ferments such as:
- Rejuvelac, a wild ferment culture
- Culturing cashews and producing a base cheese
- Making a vegan cheese from yoghurt
- Forming and maturing cheeses
- Producing a selection of cheeses including a mozzarella style cheese, cranberry and thyme, chevre style and cheddar
The course will be a mixture of demonstration and hands on cooking in small groups, with tips, talking and tasting.
We will finish with a vegan cheese lunch with seasonal salads and sourdough bread.
You will receive a booklet with all the recipes so that you can get started and make vegan cheeses at home.