Come and join Romy Gill for a day learning how to make her signature Indian vegetarian dishes.
We are thrilled to have Romy back at the cookery school.
Romy developed her passion for cooking after emigrating to the UK and ‘pining for proper home cooking.’ Born in Burnpur, West Bengal, Romy's menu reflects her childhood; her father worked in a steel plant and many different people visited their home, bringing their food and culture with them. Romy was inspired by the varied cooking styles she encountered, and loves to experiment with local ingredients. Her dishes combine the spices and flavours that she grew up with in India.
You will learn to make dishes such as:
- Vegetarian samosas filled with potatoes, peas cooked with spices & herbs.
- Cauliflower, potato, onions mixed with spices & pakoros
- Roasted Butternut squash with paneer, garlic, chilli and spices
- Mung bean dal cooked with ginger, garlic, green chillies, fresh coriander and spices.
- Shahi paneer cooked with tomatoes, ginger, garlic, red chillies, dried fenugreek leaves, cashew nut and cream.
- Baigan Bartha roasted smokey aubergines cooked with garlic, onions, chillies, tomatoes and spices
- Jeera rice
- Saffron and cardamom Shrikhand
We will have brunch and then finish with an Indian feast from everything you have made on the day.
You will receive a recipe file at the end of the day so that you can recreate the dishes at home.