On this evening course, Simi Rezai, an Iranian from the Azerbaijan region of Iran and experienced cook and teacher, introduces us to the joys of Persian cuisine.
Persian cooking is delicious and healthy and uses very simple ingredients which are treated individually before being brought together in a dish. The cooking methods are simple, slow cooking where the flavours have a chance to mingle and infuse together.
During this evening workshop, you will learn how to prepare authentic Spring dishes of Persia :
- Kashke Bademjan (Aubergine with kashk)
- Sabzi khordan: Platter of soft herbs and feta
- Baghali polow: Basmati rice layered with saffron, broad beans and dill.
- Lavash: middle eastern flatbread
- Yoghurt : scented with thyme and rose petals
- Khaghineh: sweet saffron pancake
The course is a mix of demonstration and hands on cooking.
We will finish with a Persian feast.
You will go home with a pack of informative recipes, so that you can recreate the dishes at home.
Time: 6.30pm -9.00pm
Really good balance of listening, watching and doing...and TASTING!