This evening will give you a good grounding in safe chopping skills, which will improve your technique and start you on the road to chopping like a chef.
The best way to improve you cookery is to improve your basic skills. If you can chop quickly and safely dishes take far less time to prepare and are less daunting.
We will show you how to use a chef’s knife successfully to prepare a wide range of vegetables and herbs.
- Safe, quick and confident cutting using an 8 inch chef’s knife.
- Learn how to sharpen your knives successfully.
- Learn the different terms and practice the techniques for cutting styles from dicing through to julienne.
- The easiest way to slice and finely dice an onion.
- How to quickly crush garlic and tips for preparing ginger.
The class will include a delicious supper which we will make for you from the prepared vegetables. You will receive a pack of recipes and tips at the end of the class. The classes are relaxed and enjoyable with one on one help from our experienced Demuths chefs.