Perfect your baking, learn new skills to add interest and variation to you home bakes. There is nothing better than a home made loaf straight from the oven.
One of the best things about making your own bread is that you can be inventive and create your own flavours. Learn with us how to use a variety grains and flours, add interesting flavours, and use various enriching techniques. Using yeasts, sourdough starters, sponge starters & wet doughs to make shaped and tin loaves, flatbreads and crisp breads. All our breads will be vegan, teaching you how to add flavour and richness in a healthy way without relying on butter and eggs.
We will make breads such as:
- Fruited malt loaf
- Potato and fennel sourdough focaccia
- Buckwheat muffins
- Rye walnut crisp bread with sumac
- Saffron spiced sweet currant buns
You'll walk away with some essential bread skills so you can carry on at home:
- The right types of flour to use
- An understanding of different ways to use yeast
- How to mix, knead and bake bread of various shapes, sizes and flavours
- How to enrich a dough and add flavour
- How to proof dough and get the perfect rise, crumb and crust in your bread
Expect lots of hands-on bread making.
We'll provide a delicious lunch to compliment the breads we make, served with organic wine or juices.
There will be lots of bread to take home and a recipe pack, so you can continue your bread making at home. And you will, because it's difficult to go back to store-bought bread once you know how to bake bread at home.